- legerdemain - “sleight of hand”, “deceitful cleverness”. First time I’ve ever come across this one (FT on the company Theranos and rigging).
- Hilla Becher, photographer of water towers and kilns and other industrial buildings - RIP.
- And you wonder while Britain wants to pull out of the European Convention on Human Rights. Blood < money.
- this while the Brits roll out the (blood?) red carpet for the president of China (human rights and free speech champions).
- “Hammond, Britain’s Foreign Secretary, last month pushed EU officials to defer publication [of EU report on Turkey’s free speech ” (FT).
2015-10-19 – 23:55
By hal | |
2015-10-19 – 02:57
Here’s a look at a few things that grabbed us this week.
- Above: Ikea has unveiled plans to add movable walls to their lineup in 2018. Photograph by Erik Undéhn.
- A graphic guide to cabinet pulls.
- There’s a right way and a wrong way to clean a toaster.
- Above: If you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area, stop by The Future Perfect’s warehouse sale, at 2658 Bridgeway Blvd., Suite 102, in Sausalito.
- On our wish list: A new collaboration scarf from Block Shop Textiles and Poketo.
- For $1,300 a month, you can rent a 220-square-foot studio in Brooklyn.
- Above: The new book 700 Nimes Road spotlights Elizabeth Taylor’s home in Los Angeles. Photograph by Catherine Opie.
- Cofounder and former art director of Kinfolk Amanda Jane Jones recently debuted her newest venture: Define Magazine.
Instagram and Pinterest Picks of the Week
- Above: On Instagram, we’re keeping up with maker Nikole Herriot (@nikoleherriot) of Herriot Grace.
- Above: We’re pinning a serene bedroom scene via Briar Winters of Marble & Milkweed.
More Stories from Remodelista
- Announcing Our First Remodelista New England Market
- Nomad Table by Jacob May Furniture
- Ceramic Table Lamps from an LA Modernist
from tloghal’s favorite articles on Inoreader http://ift.tt/1LzoIQx
By IfThis ThenThat | |