- “Verbier” Richard Jobson with Vini Reilly on guitar #nowplaying ♫ Verbier – Richard Jobson http://t.co/NuQzIZyH7R
- Virginia Astley Blue Sky, White Sky (on a theme by Mozart). 1992: http://t.co/Bci9ISLCQt via Yes it’s a wee bit twee, but I like it
- Luckily some of these rare tracks are available on YouTube. I trust Virginia will get the copyright payment for my listen.
- Never heard Virginia Astley’s “Had I the Heavens” and “All Shall Be Well”. Japanese releases, will set me back 70 quid. Too much.
- ty yes it is a firm favourite. Zero Virginia Astley on , just sorted out the wiring for my old record player to listen
- and you might as well go to the Golden Lane estate while there (if you haven’t already obv). Another gem.
- “album is notable for its structure, moving from dawn to dusk and its use of natural, sound effects.” So a niece to John Foxx’s “The Garden”
- http://t.co/BiezMwQRFc “The album is notable for its structure, moving from dawn to dusk, and its use of natural, sound effects” and
- with loads of footage of stairs and walkways.
- http://t.co/LrVD7miDrk We DO know that mackerel didn’t feed on human flesh in the form of dead German soldiers, but habits are hard to kick.
- Fact for you: Above the polar circle in Norway mackerel is rarely eaten. We are raised not to eat it, so used mainly as bait.
- Etched “B&L”, not a white “Ray Ban” logo in 1985 I would have thought. Quite a major mistake as Woodroof wears sunglasses for long periods.
- One thing about “Dallas Buyers Club”. I don’t think Ron Woodroof’s sunglasses are correct. Should not have “Ray Ban” in white, rather “B&L”
- and both predating it with some 20 years+.
- Starting to think Virginia Astley’s “From Gardens Where We Feel Secure” + John Foxx’s “The Garden” (just the track) >= Kate Bush’s “Aerial
- Dallas Buyers Club (2013) - http://t.co/DANTQCGvVh Very good, well scripted and acted. Could have been bleaker? Still 5*
- I judge rich people’s pads abroad by the size of their swimming pools. Not a 25m pool you can actually swim in? Waste of money.
- Case in point in today’s Times magazine. Some entrepreneur’s house in Ibiza. Big house, tiny pool. Waste of money.
Listened to Verbier - Richard Jobson.
Listened to God Man - David Sylvian.
Listened to Quiet Life - 7" Version - Japan.
Listened to Fall In Love With Me - Japan.
Listened to Despair - Japan.
Listened to In Vogue - Japan.
Listened to Halloween - Japan.
Listened to All Tomorrow’s Parties - Japan.
Listened to Alien - Japan.
Listened to Other Side Of Life - Japan.
Listened to All Tomorrow’s Parties - 12" Version - Japan.
Listened to A Foreign Place - Japan.
Listened to Quiet Life - Japan.
Listened to Life In Tokyo - 12" Extended Version - Japan.
Listened to Swing - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
Listened to Burning Bridges - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
Listened to My New Career - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
Listened to Methods Of Dance - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
Listened to Ain’t That Peculiar - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
Listened to Nightporter - 2003 Digital Remaster - Japan.
- Late night/early morning Swedish-classic. ♫ Monica Z – Monica Zetterlund http://t.co/c54jxm2Iqq #NowPlaying
- Start of top rock brass albums : The Saints, Southside Johnny, Pale Fountains, Kat Onoma …
- 2004 Digital Remaster? Sounding a lot worse than my vinyl (acoustic guitars too prominent in this mix). #nowplaing http://t.co/9Y1lnEIdjr
- unnecessary versions of “Love Will Tear Us Apart” and “Johnny and Mary”. Not that anyone has done these better than originals.
- Not sure I want to hear anything else Rodolphe Burger has done, Billy the Kid was done in 1992, since then he’s done some rather
- Best French album ever. A concept album based on the poetry of Jack Spicer. ♫ The Radio – Kat Onoma http://t.co/GGf4U11U4W #NowPlaying
- Didn’t know Blondie recorded Bowie’s Heroes and with Robert Fripp on guitar as well (1980, B-Side of Atomic 12’). O… http://t.co/7rlebJQ1Wt
- Probably not, but one can always hope. looking at setlist.fm it looks she’s played the same set so far the first week.
- #nowplaying Not that I have heard everything Hans-Joachim Roedelius has ever done, but this is a firm favourite of … http://t.co/B2G1YZrDf4
- Mike Chapman was the star of that Blondie doc on the BBC.
- fits right in with the windows in this house? http://t.co/WpU9AEm50p Web congruence (reading Twitter and RSS-feeds at same time).
- Bright Lights, Brilliant Minds: A Tale of Three Cities, 2. Paris 1928: http://t.co/nksdNLFYvh Magritte, Dali, Bunuel, Hemingway, Le Corb 4*
- Roedelius’s music sounds like his name.
- What would Warhol do? Combine party and projects?
- “Heart of Glass” featured on “Parallel Lines” I can’t remember it being that much of a deal. No mention of Robert Fripp or the “title track”
- Ramones recorded “California Sun” in 1977 and Talking Heads were already flirting with funk and Blondie always did pop songs, so when
- Blondie’s New York… and the Making of Parallel Lines: http://t.co/MtgUdj5ZDV via OK doc, over-egging the pop/disco aspect
- I’ll stick with my Diet Pepsi for now when in the UK and Tab Xtra when in Norway.
- Video: Taste Test: does Coca Cola Life taste better than regular Coke? | via http://t.co/9YUPnLFWeK
- It’s here and it’s nice. Life has arrived in the UK. 34g of sugar in each 5dl bottle though. http://t.co/MVwVdRXV0K
- Yes, bit weird that reviewers would “review” song not played, but they have deadline/pressures and were given a pre-gig setlist
Three ebooks, free as in air, to help nudge your creative muse and nurture your blog’s audience.
via The Daily Post http://ift.tt/1ptKGe1
By Leo Babauta I enjoy creating a few simple rules to live by that take away some of the overwhelming decision making we need to make every day. Pre-think these decisions, formulate them into rules, and then just follow them, freeing your brain for more important decisions. Why should we need to give so much […]
via zenhabits http://ift.tt/1Cbcvvy
One of the most important interventions in art history is built upon a myth.
via FADWEBSITE http://ift.tt/1pPZORX
- http://t.co/r1mNFVx0Nz Corey duBrowa (Magnet Magazine) reviews Kate Bush’s second night at the Hammersmith Odeon.
- “Spotify Helper process not responding” bug on Mac OS X (Mavericks with all updates in my case). http://t.co/4PW5k5oM2G Please fix.
- Kate Bush - Before the Dawn setlist, opening night (updated, “Never Be Mine” removed as it was not played) http://t.co/3g94nlBdK9
- http://t.co/TsZGKSLEzt “Kate Bush Reviewed Live, By Simon Price”, comments for setlist confusion details
- “Never Be Mine” NOT on Kate Bush’s setlist for the opening night (even if Kate’s PR people published a pre-gig setlist featuring it).
- Thx Simon Price on “I double-checked with Kate’s people and it turns out that I was right all along”. “Never Be Mine” NOT on …
- Live Review: Kate Bush’s First Show in 35 Years http://t.co/U8nelZk71V via Pitchfork also has “Never Be Mine” in there.
- An Ultrahuman: Kate Bush Reviewed Live, By Simon Price (Quietus) : http://t.co/Njl92kjcke
- 2 obvious reasons Johnny Rotten/John Lydon likes Kate Bush
a) he’s a fan (so not afraid of theatre)
b) he liked (some) prog
- Kate Bush - Before the Dawn setlist (opening night as posted by ) #nowplaying #katebush http://t.co/3g94nlBdK9
- What’s your beef? The best burger joints in London (according to Time Out) http://t.co/8OiCnTpT0C
- Was Kate Bush setlist tonight different from the opening night? Please enlighten us. #katebush
- http://t.co/T7Gg9QESo9 Congrats to Malmö FF, first Swedish club in the Champions League for over a decade.
- Beat. Apology. Ever. Hit the nail on the head http://t.co/1OyjxskeuC
- thank you. Playlist frozen. I hope she will put in a handful of more songs into the mix for first third and encore.
- Searching for Kate Bush setlist in Spotify on iPad yields nothing. Poor.
- Shhh, sooting instructor? Soothing instructor, shooting instructor. The Spelling Police.
- #nowreading ‘The Good Soldier’, Ford Madox Ford. Freely available from Project Gutenberg - http://t.co/E3oE1xINeY
- Taking class notes longhand is superior than via laptop, studies show: http://t.co/5HqVESifUE #socy126
- Core setlist (based on Hounds of Love before interval) and Aerial (after) will probably stay same, but hoping for song or 2 from first 2 LPs
- Definitive playlist of Kate Bush Before the Dawn concert 20140826, based on review and other sources. #katebush… http://t.co/3g94nlBdK9
- I’ll take NME playlist http://t.co/blOiCXThxr as definitive. Added “Never be mine”. Does not feature at setlist.fm http://t.co/kbf3ysV85j
- Kate Bush hails return to stage ‘a great adventure’ as ultra-theatrical show launches in London http://t.co/qe7dmxr8Ao via
- Kate Bush back on stage after 35 years – in pictures http://t.co/nulFiftr1L via
- http://t.co/mAOskcwKW8 Kate Bush tonight - seems like there was a new song in the Aerial segment, “Tawny Moon (new song sung by Bertie) “
- http://t.co/i7d1HvSKEa via This one Kate Bush setlist looks to be correct (until someone messes it up?)
- Kate Bush Before the Dawn first night Spotify playlist http://t.co/pqZCJ4dUdG
- set list seems wrong (based on an initial partly false one doing the rounds?), this one seems to be OK http://t.co/tm98I7JTAj
Brilliant buns and perfect patties
via Londonist http://ift.tt/1wCePeV
Show saw ‘Hounds Of Love’ suite ‘The Ninth Wave’ and ‘Aerial’ movement ‘A Sky Of Honey’ brought to life in full
via NME News http://ift.tt/1ldbzl3
- Konsertanmeldelse: Kate Bush http://t.co/JMVJONw2Nl My Spotify setlist seems to mostly match. Now for a week of listening.
- From what I can gather this is the setlist from the Before the Dawn show tonight. Shared Spotify playlist. Correctio… http://t.co/s3CA55kYpb
- updated: Lily, Hounds of Love, Joanni, Running Up That Hill, Top of the City, King of the Mountain, The Ninth Wave (… http://t.co/3g94nlBdK9
- cheers, playlist is update versus all (looks to be corrected) updates on setlist.fm and I’ll versus that link right now.
- Thanks, I’ll change it right away. So correct up to Morning Fog?
- The 24 songs (in running order) #katebush played tonight at the Apollo in London as a shared Spotify playlist (web). http://t.co/3g94nlBdK9
- I’ve done a shared Spotify playlist of Kate Bush’s gig at the Apollo tonight. Enjoy. #katebush #nowplaying http://t.co/s3CA55kYpb
- http://t.co/1LJNIZFYd0 via Kate Bush setlist Eventim ne Hammersmith Apollo, Tue 26 August 2014
- Luckily I’ve got two sets of tickets (for my better half) and brownie points for at least two decades.
- Looking the ticket exchanges Kate Bush tickets seems to have gone up. Be prepared to part with upwards of £500. #katebush
- Hugh Muir’s diary: When the troubled hit trouble, they call for Mr Tone http://t.co/jsZ2tVFk1R Tony Blair “the Red Adair of spin”.
- Kate Bush’s first Before the Dawn show – live blog http://t.co/lPb1BzAEFz via A proper live blog, not some sick joke #katebush
- Pic of the day: Urban trout (Wandle) http://t.co/9b8pMpGb6j via
- “This is definitely the first time I’ve crossed an ocean to go to a concert” #KateBush fans are getting ready http://t.co/LT…
- http://t.co/7JENHSlGYI “Twitch users stick around for nearly two hours per day on average” [!] and it’s built into PS4/XBox One.
Listened to superfluid - Biosphere.
Listened to Bird Watching - Biosphere.
Listened to Sun-Baked - Biosphere.
Listened to Heights Of The Depths - Biosphere.
Listened to Die Luftseilbahn - Biosphere.
Listened to Valchirie - Biosphere.
Listened to Visible & Invisible - Biosphere.
Listened to Colpa Mia - Biosphere.
Listened to Reef - Biosphere.
- or alternatively: Liverpool buying Balotelli and already in trouble.
- Will do right away. Thank you for prompt reply.
- - one of your users have signed up for your service using an email address that belongs to me and I get this customer’s statements.
- Whoever is doing the SEO for ‘s next book deserves a raise. http://t.co/eJ2QcktRUE
Listened to Hypnophone - Biosphere.
Listened to The Third Planet - Biosphere.
Listened to The Seal & The Hydrophone - Biosphere.
Listened to When I Leave (Version) - Biosphere.
via Google Operating System http://ift.tt/1BVYGBf
- BBC Radio 6Music to air 3 hour Kate Bush special featuring John Carder Bush - http://t.co/xXLc1HCgrf in three hours time that is.
- Summer on the island photos http://t.co/5scGXykvMq Photo series and given that the cover photo of the album is by MW it might be the same MW
- Both Google and Bing returns with nothing (substantial) about this duo. Even tried google.se. So who were Winnerholt & Wahlén?
- “Winnerholt & Wahlén is definitely one of Biosphere´s biggest inspirations.” http://t.co/YAFPljUFvR One tune in, I like it a lot.
- “For You To Sleep” by the Swedes Michael Winnerholt and Brandy Wahlén (1958-1997), originally released on two cassette albums in 1985-86.
- ♫ For You To Sleep – Winnerholt & Wahlén http://t.co/kwBE2OfRGi #NowPlaying
- “12 previously unreleased tracks and mixes recorded between 1992 and 1994”. No real follow-up album then to Biosphere’s classic.
- #nowplaying ♫ Patashnik 2 – Biosphere http://t.co/xrGJlXXBTe
- Gravity (2013) - http://t.co/Gwaa3UGist 4 out 5* average on IMDB is about right.
- Kate Bush ticket (sitting) now down to 400 quid on the exchanges. Then with some luck you might be able to get them for 200 on the day.
- #nowplaying ♫ Analog Digital – Minimal Kommando http://t.co/8n9nVwn84C
- #nowplaying 1980 German/Norwegian classic for to listen to. Enjoy. ♫ Modern age – The Cut [NO] http://t.co/59oebkLvMN
- Jay Adams, Who Revolutionized Skateboarding, Dies at 53 http://t.co/20AO8sMTMc of “Dogtown and Z-Boys”.
- 121,662 in one month to UK’s energy watchdog. I didn’t even bother complaining, but their billing system is seriously screwed-up.
- http://t.co/vyuRz4eCth “Fresh billing scandal hits npower” (The Times, req required). End Power, terminated my contract with these clowns
- and part two: The Hedge Fund and the Despot http://t.co/inK5EO7GS0 via Wrong kind of aid. Wall Street&City of London bankrolling Mugabe
- Non-morals of biz part one: Billionaire Fredriksen’s NADL Hands Rosneft $1 Billion Stake http://t.co/isRADqAbNJ via
- Paranoid Polaroid.
- in his hair.
- Value for my BBC licence money that is.
- The Paring Knife, The Honourable Woman - BBC Two http://t.co/xwVk7cAoWL
- Vienna 1908, Bright Lights, Brilliant Minds: A Tale of Three Cities - BBC Four http://t.co/CkiSX5g88S Rather good.
- The Kate Bush Story: Running up That Hill - BBC Four http://t.co/ckzE6IT6qQ Prepping …
In the beginning, I was disorganized, no GTD, no Evernote, no OmniFocus, no Dropbox, no OneNote. My desk looked like this: Then I went from no GTD to GTD via Paper and Evernote: My desk changed to this: Then, I … Continue reading →
via RestartGTD http://ift.tt/1zkas4n
via Dezeen http://ift.tt/1zjACE5
via Google Operating System http://ift.tt/1q7hlok
The latest compilation of free music by experimental music label Futuresequence, Sequence8, is now available. Sequence8 features a wide variety of tracks from over 2 dozen artists. You can view track/artist commentaries at the project site. You can preview the … Continue reading →
via Synthtopia » Free Music http://ift.tt/1tB1oGv
- Scott Walker/Sunno ))) sounds surprisingly like early 70s King Crimson.
- http://t.co/fOniufyYx3 13th in the NME’s end of year list: Patti Smith’s Horses. A year later the lists are packed with pub and punk rock.
- Scott Walker and Sunn O))) tease collaborative album with two-minute clip – watch http://t.co/JFqRJZ18ZI via
- if so - send in an all-female battalion?
- Moscow’s Shukhov Tower saved from demolition http://t.co/bAthIMHjRg via
Stop doing fake work in the morning.
via 99U http://ift.tt/1pKtwHQ
via kottke.org http://ift.tt/1AyG8W6
Michael Finkel tracks down the man known as the North Pond Hermit: Christopher Thomas Knight lived in a secret camp in the woods of Central Maine, stealing food and supplies from nearby homes. "I never felt lonely. To put it romantically: I was completely free."
via Longreads.com http://ift.tt/1tndZy2
US band will play gigs in Bristol, Liverpool and London later this year
via NME News http://ift.tt/1odYjYk
- must be a fish on the wrong line.
- And this, UK friends, is why I seriously wonder why you’re not rioting at train stations - via : http://t.co/wv5Wwi0…
- concurred. Walk whenever in central Oslo, distances are short in the city centre and cabs expensive.
- take metro to Sognsvann and walk around the lake like the locals. Pushwagner at Tjuvholmen for unique pop-art
- Go to the Holmenkollen ski jump and pay for the entry to the jump tower.
- tube deluxe is the one I still use. Might be other contenders by now. Citymapper for general planning. Busmate for the buses.
- Gillian Welch’s liner notes to Emmylou’s “Wrecking Ball” re-release http://t.co/XWAWTaezYe via
- #perfection #nowplaying ♫ As Long as the Grass Shall Grow – Gillian Welch, David Rawlings http://t.co/2VwQFVZK2a
- All-star (Gillian Welch/David Rawlings, Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristoffersen, Steve Earle) C&W album. Seven (!) new Gi… http://t.co/4IuYIUrWOC
- Gillian Welch Does Cash http://t.co/UVPcE6J12R
Listened to As Long as the Grass Shall Grow - Gillian Welch.
Listened to Apache Tears - Emmylou Harris.
Listened to Custer - Steve Earle.
Listened to The Talking Leaves - Nancy Blake.
Listened to The Ballad of Ira Hayes - Kris Kristofferson.
Listened to Apache Tears (Reprise) - Gillian Welch.
Listened to White Girl - The Milk Carton Kids.
Listened to The Vanishing Race - Rhiannon Giddens.
Listened to Look Again to the Wind - Bill Miller.
- If you have a basic grip of any Scandinavian language, then the Lunch strips are a must -
- Steven Pinker: 10 ‘grammar rules’ it’s OK to break (sometimes) http://t.co/JH0pce3rt5 via
- Warning: bad hair pieces in both movies. Follicular guidance advised.
- American Hustle (2013) - http://t.co/Nt1reW2VDu Stylish crime movie about small time crooks hitting the big league. Very good. 4*
- Bad Country (2014) - http://t.co/9QI9hJ5cSV? Willem Dafoe and Matt Dillon saves a straight to video style Southern crime movie. Poor. 2*
- so the message should be - “Single quotes not allowed”, NOT “Please enter a valid enquiry”. Please pass on to developers.
- got my message through the form eventually. You cannot write the short form of “I am” as in “I’m”. Single quote not allowed.
- please inform your website developers that “Please enter a valid enquiry” is not really helpful, need to know what “valid” is.
- managed to do one paragraph message through your form. Are multiple paragraphs not allowed? Colons? Dashes? Who knows?
- I’m using the latest Chrome on a MacOSX Maverick and my message contains just letters and . , - : . Hopeless stuff.
- I try to fill out your webform to enquire about SCS here https://t.co/RyjOOCMvlP but whatever I do get “Enter a valid enquiry”
- Ridiculous that you cannot re-order channels on a YouView box. I want the HD channels for BBC, ITV and Ch4 up front,
- Ignoring all offers of free audiobooks from here&there. Seems like a good idea, but I just kept falling asleep on the train last I tried.
- Shame on me for living here for years & just today discovered/stumbled across Museum (thanks to the Overground station next door).
- Rich Hall’s California Stars - BBC Four http://t.co/ZBsu1OG9hu affable, although Rich is prob not trying to be, critical of Silicon Valley
- The Hollow Wall, The Honourable Woman - BBC Two http://t.co/oPddSpzq8g
- Charles LeDray’s Mens Suits - scale: http://t.co/KyVYWIeYKq
- Lucy - the show of miniature men’s clothes - Charles LeDray’s Mens Suits shown some 5 years ago http://t.co/juhF4bLp3z
Cyberpunk: 1990 Documentary Featuring William Gibson & Timothy Leary Introduces the Cyberpunk Culture
“High tech and low life”: never have I heard a literary genre so elegantly encapsulated. I repeat it whenever a friend who finds out I enjoy reading cyberpunk novels — or watching cyberpunk movies, or playing cyberpunk video games — asks what “cyberpunk” actually means. We’ve all heard the word thrown around since the mid-1980s, and I […]
Cyberpunk: 1990 Documentary Featuring William Gibson & Timothy Leary Introduces the Cyberpunk Culture is a post from: Open Culture. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, or get our Daily Email. And don’t miss our big collections of Free Online Courses, Free Online Movies, Free eBooks, Free Audio Books, Free Foreign Language Lessons, and MOOCs.
The post Cyberpunk: 1990 Documentary Featuring William Gibson & Timothy Leary Introduces the Cyberpunk Culture appeared first on Open Culture.
via Open Culture http://ift.tt/1yFLFXU