- So ARG will go through tomorrow with one of BEL/USA. So one of FRA, GER, BRA, ARG for winners. HOL never won, hard to change.
- GER 2 - ALG 1. one minute …
- Pinball wizardry. GER 2 - ALG 0. It was always thus. #FifaWorldCup #itvworldcup
- Impressive stretch and strength in the fabric of those Puma shorts there. It’s Adidas (GER) 1 - Puma (ALG) 0 on the scoreboard though.
- Algeria seems to be so fatigued the team has forgotten how to pass. Normal order has been restored as Mr Chiles says on #itvworldcup .
- It’s the old cliché, you have to take your goal scoring changes. Another one gone for Algeria.
- Big teams like Germany squeezing through in the knockout stages of the World Cup. Expected heartbreak for whoever cheers for the underdogs.
- Would have been harsh on ALG if GER scored on that last corner. But Germany are wearing them down. Dead-ball goal win for Germany?
- Very positive start by Algeria, taking advantage of Germany’s heavy wing backs. Just missing that coolness in front of goal. #ALGvsGER
- Only 2 German players born before 1982 (West Ger 1 - Austria 0): Klose (b 1978) and Weidenfeller (b 1980). #itvworldcup
- Digital Revolution, Barbican Centre, review: ‘gimmicky’ | via http://t.co/y6tziGauVF
- #FRAvsNGA 2-0. Game over. Another defensive mistake by allowing France to score from a short corner. Nigeria not creating much in 2nd half.
- Pogba header after poor punch from goalie, it was coming. FRA 1 - NGA 0.
- Nigeria not just jogging around and passing the ball square today. Positive game.
- Hi energy in first 20 min of FRA 0 - NIG 0 compared to yesterday’s games. Temperature on pitch must be lower. #bbcworldcup #fifa2014
- Your picture is of Sami, who have their own native languages. Like illustrating a piece on US English with pic of Native Americans
- Metallica in “Rock band heads rock festival!” scandal headlines.
- by Don Thompson. Liz’s charm bracelet (value of jewels $30K x Liz factor of ~10 = $326K), ballon dog x access to Koon’s club = $58M.
- Good article on how art and jewellery is inflated by its provenance in Sunday Times, ie Liz Taylor’s jewellery, Jeff Koon’s balloon dogs
- and CRC classic example of having that mental strength. Campbell can finally get that rest he looked like he needed for the 40 mins
- Penalties not about luck. It’s about skill and being cool and hitting it hard in one corner.
- We might as well skip these first halfs.
- maybe not inevitable, but GRE 1 - CRC 1. 91st minute. Still 3 to go.
- Prepare for Greek air assault. Certainly some CRC casualties spread around in the midfield area there.
- just what we ordered. CRC 1 - GRE 0. Goal passed into the corner. #FifaWorldCup
- We need a goal early on this second half to make this a little bit exciting for the neutral viewer. At the moment the game is too neutral.
- Slo-mo. Stupid challenge from an experienced defender, ridiculous stagedive from Robben. 50-50 a penalty or not.
- HOL 2 - MEX 1. Proper pen, flat hard in the corner. 2 minutes for Mexico.
- Sneijder, 87 min. No goalie was ever going to stop that. HOL 1 - MEX 1. #fifa2014
- That woke us up. MEX 1 - HOL 0.
- not just the players, I’m struggling to stay upright on the sofa. the hardship.
- “It will be an achievement to get through 90 minutes”. ITV commentator on HOL 0 - MEX 0. Same here, game putting me asleep #itvworldcup
- and crippling the DEA, who are obviously fighting for their own budgets and future.
- You can now set a pin on the Google Drive app for iOS.
- Pop Go the Women: The Other Story of Pop Art - A Culture Show Special, The Culture Show - BBC Two http://t.co/0XdAxewA4R
- Brazil - Chile 3-2 according to ? Sorry, but it was 1-1 FT (AET) Brazil through 3-2 on penalties. Guess this #fifa2014 is new …
- “a bit harmonically and melodically dull, bombastic and melodramatic, and the rhythms are pedestrian”. Bless you Green (of Scritti Politti)
- Shame about their shameless singalong music then. And feels stilted and styled vs mid-70s Endz. Cynical me.
- Glastonbury on telly. Arcade Fire, can’t see the point of them at all. MOR’n’roll.
- Finally a day off from the World Cup. Photographer’s Gallery, pints at The Crown and Two Chairmen + The White Horse. Visit to new Foyles.
- A) they are England shirts
B) they are fake
The real story here is the bad timing by the smugglers, should have shipped earlier.
- “Fake England shirts … worth estimated £30,000 … seized at Heathrow” (Evening Standard) 400 shirts, makes is 75 quid/shirt. Doubtful.
- Scholes fears over England future http://t.co/CgIQce1IBH = Premier League > FA. Always going the be the case once the money men entered game
- Anil Bawa-Cavia: The Digital Art Guide to London https://t.co/JlBd0qyqGc via
- ‘Gavin Russom - The Purge’ #SoundCloud? https://t.co/QPVBvQyL4R #nowplaying
- FT Algeria through vs ageing Russians. ALG 1 - RUS 1. SKO 0 - BEL 1.
- Stupid tackle. Don’t give Russia a free kick in that position with just a few minutes left …
- SKO 0 - BEL 1. Game over SKO.
- ITVplayer struggling again.
- ALG 1 - RUS 1. Algeria through as it stands. ITV1 showing the wrong game … #fifa2014
- Soft red card? BEL down to ten men vs SKO. Will make it a good defensive practice match for BEL.
- Both these games have a team, playing in all-white. So many teams playing in all-white kits. #fifa2014
- ALG - RUS 0-1. Russia through at the moment. No need for conspiracy theories in the this group.
- London’s 10 Best Burgers » Sabotage Times http://t.co/oavpGGdGxU
- Create a 3D-printed map of your favourite section of Norway ($50+). http://t.co/mfyznQ6yq3 (via Things Mag: http://t.co/iKIgG0h4gW)
- Love Your Lido: Outdoor Swimming in London | Londonist http://t.co/iB6N73AkpZ via
- “Overall value of the Murdochs have tripled. It’s gone up by £6 billion in the last few years”. Hello Piketty.
- WATCH: and on the fallout from the hacking trial: https://t.co/Agpx4Ltq5M
- “Domínguez [ECU goalie], the former bus conductor making a few stops”. Not bad from .
- ECU 0 - FRA 0. HON - SWI 3. The two European teams through.
- No 20 Rémy is on. Only No 7 Cabella and 13 Mangala of outfield players not been given time yet by Deschamp #bbcworldcup
- 71’ #HON 0-3 #SUI http://t.co/ORWu30jOWT Hat-trick for Shaqiri! Drmic with fine work for his Bundesliga team-mate.
- France used 18 out of their 23 players. 7 Cabella, 13 Mangala, 20 Remy the only outfield players who have not been on so far + 2 reserve gls
- Yes, Chris Waddle is in the TV studio, not just on radio. BBC took my advice (and probably dozens of others). Excellent #bbcworldcup
- So that’s Honduras probably out and Ecuador now needing a win.
- 2-0 SWI, 23 Skidoo Shaqiri again.
- 5’ #HON 0-1 #SUI http://t.co/ORWu30jOWT It’s a terrific strike from Shaqiri, who plants a beauty into the top corner.
- ECU goal diff is 3-3, 3 points.
SWI gd 4-6, 3 points. and HON is 1-5 , 0 points.
So all bottom three teams still in (FRA through).
- World Cup’s most controversial moments http://t.co/3mxf7SzUCg (BBC) Battiston knocked unconscious by Schumacher would be in my top two.
- Annette Peacock is on Twitter at (Thanks for the heads up )
- Russian lawmakers revoke right to send troops into Ukraine http://t.co/OMMzJcRxIo via “the move, which Putin had requested,”
- FIFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Luis Suarez, after the Uruguayan was accused of biting opponent in World Cup match …
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Review: Digital Photography Review http://t.co/Hs1WJH2ZPh via
- “If you don’t contradict yourself on a regular basis, then you’re not thinking.” A thousand times YES http://t.co/BdCmwHZC…
- If video evidence is allowed by FIFA regulations after a game (re Suarez bite), then it should be a small step to allow it DURING a game.
- Happy Friends is a Twitter reader. Easy separation of wheat from chaff, reorg tweets & more. Great stuff!! http://…
- I counted 35 CCTV cameras walking from the inner concourse and along the platform at Blackfriars station. What a fucked-up state of affairs.
- One of the Uruguayan players that the bite marks on Chiellini were old. Time for CSI to step in. Should be a simple case.
- http://t.co/V21EZlYbX7 “FIFA must investigate the incident seriously and take whatever disciplinary action deemed necessary” FIFA vice prez.
- Sheffield reporter threatened with arrest under anti-terrorism laws http://t.co/JMPaDWgxcC via Bus pass protesters arrested.
- MAKE yourself feel more important by referring to your tweets as “content”
- and the rest of the men just boys, playing public school games. This in context of WWI. I really feel like the other lot, watching World Cup
- Just finished second of book of Ford Madox Ford’s tetralogy “Parade’s End”. There’s a quote there about Tietjens being the only grown-up man
- Who needs drugs? Best World Cup for years (1974 would have been the first one I watched). Kempes and ‘78 one of the ones I remember fondly.
- yes, and a savoury bite taken in the wrong context by Mr Suarez in that game.
- That’s the Wikipedia page done then (not by me). Roger Milla out, Faryd Mondragon in. http://t.co/qWKDihx0gA
- pub quiz question right there: Faryd Mondragon (beating Roger Milla) as oldest player in the World Cup #bbcworldcup
- #JPN 1-3 #COL http://t.co/oggROEvWvh 43yo Faryd Mondragon is on for his 1st competitive game in 9 years - the World Cup’s …
- The Guardian and Times front pages - spot the difference http://t.co/qsJ9Wwc1OR
- Ivory Coast doing a USA in not running down the clock. That’s all they needed to do.
- GRE 2 - CIV 1. Penalty or not? still not sure. Bring on the video refs. #fifa2014 #bbcworldcup
- Penalty 91 minutes for Greece. Goal and Greece are through.
- With COL 3 - JPN 1 Colombia bring on their second goalkeeper as sub. Lovely bit of management skills there. #FIFA2014 #bbcworldcup
- GRE 1 - IVC 1. Kony. Ivory Coast now in second place.
- COL 2 - JPN 1. Japan now needing two. So looks out again, 35 minutes to go.
- If JPN scores again, then they will be ahead of GRE on goal difference. Then GRE will need to score again vs CIV. Exciting 45 minutes ahead.
- JPN 1 - COL 1. Right on half-time. Japan still in it.
- GRE 1 - IVC 0. Greece through at the moment. #bbcworldcup
- Japan out? COL 1 - JAP 0. Did not look like a penalty, but replay shows that it was. Japan disappointing compared to earlier vintages
- Because more people on the planet watch this than the Olympics or any other sporting event. Plus good for drawing advertisers?
- http://t.co/HjK9QWaHjg BBC showing new video, clearly a bite and discussing the Suarez incident now live before next game.
- some elements might still be on that pitch …
- UK: Cops threaten a reporter with terrorism charges for shooting video at a protest. http://t.co/SCTrgWTVIq http://t.co/8St…
- Suarez mistaking Chiellini for Tortellini.
- Buzzcocks entry technically an album ;-) ?
- top 10 bite songs for for Luis Suarez - Louder Than War http://t.co/ZMOl7V0ZrU
- Not that it was affordable for most of us, but if remember correctly pieces were selling for [a few?] thousands, certainly not millions.
- So Schwitters now back in fashion. Not that many years ago you could walk around Sotheby’s and Christie’s and wonder about the low prices.
- a few years ago you could simply have walked out to Schwitter’s Norwegian merzbau at Hjertøya and simply picked up some pieces
- nederst her, neppe tatovering … http://t.co/vE0dABW9tY
- On itv4+1 the #ITAvURU game is at 74mins, so before the biting and the goal if you missed it…
- Suarez 3 - Tyson 1.
- Some players wear a teeth guard for their own protection, Suarez should wear one for protecting the opposition. #FifaWorldCup #mentaldental
- [applying for a job as a headline editor for The Sun are we? Ed]
- Uruguay biting ten-man Italy 1-0. #fifaworldcup #itvworldcup #suarez #biting #mentaldental
- WATCH: Uruguay’s Luis Suarez appears to bite Italy defender http://t.co/BNe4LwsqvV via
- “: Wanna know the pwd for the Brasil world cup security center WiFi nw? ;-) #fail http://t.co/H8u3…
- — - has a better picture, bite marks showing
- the writing’s on the wall for Luis Suarez. or rather, the bite marks on the shoulder https://t.co/FRnd2VYQvY
- now that LOOKS like evidence Suarez is off in the next watch. Bring on the video refs.
- Ahí está http://t.co/xqJR9nkq1g
- It’s all over for Italy, but is it over for Suarez for as well? Hopefully there be’ll some good footage of that potential biting issue.
- Will be Suarez have another bite at the cherry at this World Cup? #ivtworldcup #FIFA2014
- Suarez really will do anything to win a game. Score, handball on the line, bite. Not exactly gentle art of football #itvworldcup #fifa2014
- URU 1 - ITA 0. Captain Godin. Italy have just ten minutes or so. So ITA and ENG go home from this group. Surprising.
- Suarez should have been sent off judging by that replay. Did he even have another bite? Bring in the video ref! #fifa2014 #itvworldcup
- What split screen telly was made for. #bbcworldcup http://t.co/3rLpl4bMWo
- http://t.co/L8e1iJ9uGn “We do not play for ourselves and our careers; we play for every Costa Rican that supports us” Celso Borges
- Buy! Sell! Liquidate! How ArtRank is shaking up the art market http://t.co/7UY3EK85Th Transparency for (a select few) art buyers
- Suggests that the billions the US and UK govts are spending on monitoring its own citizens could be better spent elsewhere (as in on ground)
- “We were being told that the ISIS strength was neglible, almost that they had been defeated”. UK Govt adviser (p19) to the Evening Standard.
- classic - “I suggest you drop your anchor before you drop your pants”
- Two games, nine goals and a little bit of excitement on the end there. What more could you want? Full time: CAM 1 - BRA 4, CRO 1 - MEX 3.
- Mexico let the wrong one in. MEX 3 - CRO 1. So it’s MEX - HOL next round. Should be good.
- One more for Mexico and they will top group and avoid Holland. MEX 3 - CRO 0.
- Game and World Cup over for Croatia. MEX 2 - CRO 0.
- Where’s the video ref? CRO 0 - MEX 0.
- How to Disappear (almost) Completely: the illusion of privacy http://t.co/Dlg3Fvl4tZ via
- Insane Record Collections and the People Who Own Them, via http://t.co/4VGB0AcODC
- Hopefully there are systems&sensors in each lockers in place to avoid stowaway packets of the dangerous kind.
- Are lockers at train stations not an obvious terrorist threat? I mean get package delivered and leave some other “package” in the locker?
- It’s a Doddle: Amazon inks train station parcel deal with Network Rail http://t.co/sdJ2uNUgZP via
- Just had to hear what all that C&W mess was about. #nowplaying ♫ Drink A Beer – Luke Bryan http://t.co/I85ARP3t4T
- Fjords cannot describe how I feel.
- “… assault, public intoxication, disorderly conduct and other infractions …at least 15 fights” that’s a C&W gig, not a rave
- and they thought punk rock was dangerous …
- For the second time in a year, country fans trashed Pittsburgh’s Heinz Field, leading to arrests & piles of garbage: ht…
- Coca-Cola Great Britain Announces The Launch Of Coca-Cola Life™ http://t.co/kG793eaKPJ Finally in the UK, stevia sweetened, green label
- All those sit-ups and ab-crunches paid off for Dempsey tonight.
- Narrow win to either USA or Germany will probably put both teams through anyhow … First goal to USA and GHA/POR are out?
- With all this talk about a USA - Germany draw I predict a Ghana-Portugal draw and a winner in the USA - GER game.
- Half of the World Cup games now played. My better half will be pleased.
- Wanchope thrilled with Costa Rica’s defence | FourFourTwo http://t.co/n9wJtm9dRz via
- No shame in playing for a draw, it is what England should have done vs Italy and Uruguay. Last game would then have had significance.
- So most likely USA and Germany will qualify, but we’ll see.
- Both Ghana and Portugal have to go for it big time. Germany are in effect already through and may field a weakened team, USA will not do so.
- another scenario, USA beat Germany by 1 goal - then Ghana need the 4 goal win.GER then +3GD, Ghana +3, USA +2.
- http://t.co/W5zezUNb2U Goal difference, then number of goals, then score head-to-head (hence US will be ahead of Ghana if same GD) #fifa2014
- Ghana vs Portugal is going to be one hell of a game. IF GER 1 - USA 0, then Portugal need 4 goal win, Ghana 2 goal win (as they lost to USA)
- Bradley in the Gerrard role at the end. Lack of concentration costs US in the last few seconds. Drama. USA 2 - POR 2.
Listened to That’s My Kind Of Night - Luke Bryan.
Listened to Drink A Beer - Luke Bryan.
Listened to I See You - Luke Bryan.
Listened to Joyful Reunion - Sweet Billy Pilgrim.
Listened to Archaeology - Sweet Billy Pilgrim.
Partly sweetened by Stevia, moss green label, available from September 2014.
- #USA #USA #USA http://t.co/vZcHXLgLqk
- Love the way the USA never give up and their positive approach. #fifa2014
- Stomach goal! Dempsey. USA 2 - POR 1. USA on the verge of qualifying with game to spare in a group with Germany, Portugal. Awesome #fifa2014
- Is it possible to be in love with a football tournament?
- Brilliant goal Jones. USA 1 - POR 1.
- Too many foreign players playing in England? Rather too many English players not playing abroad.
- 22 of 23 English players play in England, 1 in Scotland. What does that tell you about supposed “best league in the world”? #bbcworldcup
- Definitely no added time for drinks then. Weird rule. SuperSaver there, not from Tesco - but from Tim Howard. #fifa2014
- Clock not stopped for a drink break late that? Ridiculous. #bbcworldcup #fifa2014
- Another two minutes there.
- That’s around two minutes of added time right there.
- Lovely footwork from Ronaldo, then a shocker of an attempt to clearance and Portugal are 1-0 up. USA 0 - POR 1. #fifa2014 #bbcworldcup
- Clearly a push in back there, but penalty not given to South Korea. Where’s the video ref?
Deserved 4-2 victory to Algeria though #fifa2014
- Time for official match clock&time keeper in football. Won’t slow the game down; it will speed it up when players are down with “injuries”.
- Another Ice Hockey score on the go. SKO 2 - ALG 4.
- Another “Route One” goal. ALG 3 - SKO 1.
- No (or long version - seem unlikely now with South Korea 3-0 down).
- Game over. ALG 3 - SKO 0. Thought this might be a tight game. Not so. #itvworldcup #fifa2014
- Killer two minutes for Algeria. ALG 2 - SKO 0. Must-win game for Algeria and they look like they will,
- ALG 1 - SKO 0. Deservedly so.
- get Jonathan Ive on board?
- A game of Hazard for the last 10. Great assist to Origi. BEL 1 - RUS 0. #bbcworldcup #FifaWorldCup
- I love to love - Bjork (1976) http://t.co/chzJGM2nMe
- GER 2 - GHA 2. Huffing and puffing that goal balloon in the first half, bursting it proper (along with a nose) in an exciting second half.
- Messi and referee made the difference - Queiroz | FourFourTwo http://t.co/FkZIkX0DGI via
- Disappointing first half. GHA 0 - GER 0.
- Getting in touch with my ancestors - and loads of other people. It’s absolutely packed at “Vikings” at the British Museum.
- Waddle on England: ‘We never ever, ever learn’- BBC Radio 5 live http://t.co/CnH6NXE1hg Kick out the meek TV pundits and put Waddle in there
- “We never ever EVER learn!” - Chris Waddle vents frustration following England’s 2-1 defeat to Uruguay > http://t.co/RVfjWy73…
- I Lost My Finger at the East Croydon Rave | VICE United Kingdom http://t.co/oJ0nEVt0c9 via
- Another case for video refs and calls to be broadcast on tannoy+big screen. Show that handball “goal” on big screen = no on-pitch bust-up.
- Just leave the officials alone and go to half-time Honduras . TV replay shows handball “goal” and offside. #itvworldcup #FifaWorldCup
- Costly Gerrard-style mistake by ECU mand Costly takes his chance for HON. HON 1 - ECU 0.
- Sputtering and erratic game. Loads of two-footed tackles, missed passes. Red card coming? Needs moment of genius. HON 0 - ECU 0
- Martin O’Neill will be pleased. Advice was to treat second half as separate game. Result in second half SWI 2 - FRA 2. #itvworldcup
- We can be glad Alan “awful defending” Hansen is not waiting for us after the game. Brilliant goal that SWI 2 - FRA 5. Ice hockey score.
- Was that Benzema at fault, opening the door by lifting his foot in the wall on that free kick? FRA 5 - SWI 1.
- France hammered Algeria’s ten men, in this one they make it look like Switzerland is a man short.
- Luxorious football from the French. Irresistible, loveable stuff. 5-0 and still 15 minutes to go. #itvworldcup #FifaWorldCup
- Robert De Niro in “Taxi Driver” must have been doing the rounds at the team hotels. #itvworldcup #FIFA2014
- Champion game plan from Deschamp.
- so Rooney is, at least his missus has brought loads of bags for packing.
- Second game with this new France team. Spends a lot of time in their barber’s chair, but razor sharp football.
- Absolute beauty. French counterattack, 3-0. Hi-energy stuff.
- Cabaye finding out there are strong ball magnets in them woodworks, just like Rooney.
- #FRA 2-0 #SUI Pow! Giroud thumps in a header, before Matuidi tucks in a second moments later http://t.co/VakvlVJiTA http://t…
- The Swiss forgot to set their alarm bells. Giroud, then Matidi - two goals within a minute. #itvworldcup
- French looking stylish in white shirts and slightly tight-fitting long blue shorts. SWI 0 - FRA 0.
- Amazing : Great political cartoon by http://t.co/XMR9RTSZOZ
- No more ifs for England. Let players who haven’t played have a go vs CRC,one half for each goalie. Pack your L Vuitton bags&get on the plane
- Costa Rica were fantastic, Italy awful. Pinto got everything right tactically + the Ticos executed to perfection.
- The great fairytale of this World Cup. Costa Rica first to qualify from a group of three former world champions. CRC 1 - ITA 0 #bbcworldcup
- Another weak referee, clear penalty, another call for a video ref. Deserved lead to Costa Rica.
ITA 0 - CRC 1. #bbcworldcup #FIFA2014
- #ITA 0-1 #CRC Campbell denied a penalty but no matter - Ruiz heads in to depress England fans http://t.co/V1MzeOfeUE http:…
Listened to What You Won’t Do for Love - Jessie Ware.
Listened to Girlfriend - Misty Miller.
Listened to Give Up - Miles Kane.
Listened to Aurora I - Sunless ‘97.
Listened to Willie Lynch - Locksmith.
Listened to So Now You Know - The Horrors.
- is that the number of days, months until England will lift the trophy? The intergalactic one then.
- Has the US reached “peak car”?
#uber #2MA http://t.co/tCJsMCuxLZ
- Deflating. Don’t get silly on booze tonight & if you do get a takeaway #TakeawayWorldCup #EnglandvsUruguay http://t.co/hKA3…
- England with nothing to show for it after two decent games, a bit like Australia. #itvworldcup
- Sell your brewery stocks.
- All eyes on Suarez tonight, apart from those of the England defenders who found themselves watching the ball when it mattered. #itvworldcup
- Gerard to Suarez - goal. Wrong context though. URU 2 - ENG 1. #bbcworldcup #FIFA2014
- fuck yeah Rooney! killing his World Cup duck. URU 1 - ENG 1. #bbcworldcup #FifaWorldCup
- Suarez the Inevitable. URU 1 - ENG 0. Good run, but poor marking; there’s just the one man to follow inside the box.
- Amazon launches a shopping machine and calls it a phone http://t.co/xOC7NmcQS5 via
- in group B NED - CHI selects itself even on ITV.
- but ITV has the choice of CMR - BRZ or CRO - MEX. CRO - MEX the interesting game, but will ITV select other one for “commercial reasons”?
- The results today should make it easy for the schedulers to select which match to show on their main channels. But
- No discipline. Stupid by Song, straight off and letting your team down big time.
- On Jeremy’s last show tonight, we’ll have a chat with Lord Mandelson #newsnight
- Best toe for the job on that second Chile goal.
- Spain, reign, pain, plane.
Chile 2 - Spain 0.
#bbcworldcup #WorldCup #FIFA2014
- World Champs on the verge of becoming World Chumps. Half-time CHI 2 - SPN 0. #bbcworldcup #FIFA2014
- A backheeled play from the beauty saloon there from Chile. CHI 1 - SPN 0. #bbcworldcup #FIFA2014
- Better from ITV, bring Martin O’Neill in the studio and it automatically gets better.
- AUS 2 - HOL 3. Another good effort from AUS, sadly fall short again thanks to a goalie. Not out of it yet, if Spain win tonight. #FIFA2014
- Van Persie. AUS 2 - HOL 2. This is getting silly.
- Good penalty Jedinak. AUS 2 - HOL 1. wow.
- Red Adair 60 Minutes: http://t.co/JoAEJIuqeh
Listened to Myggsommer - Todd Terje.
Listened to Lanzarote - Lindstrøm & Todd Terje.
Listened to Rà-àkõ-st - Lindstrøm.
Listened to I Feel Space - Lindstrøm.
Listened to Vōs-sākō-rv - Lindstrøm.
Listened to Kaddish - Gina X Performance.
Listened to In Time - Sly & The Family Stone.
Listened to Why - Carly Simon.
Listened to Born To Synthesize - Todd Rundgren.
Listened to North Beach - George Duke.
Listened to Conversational - Dominique Leone.
Listened to I Won’t Hurt You - Anja Garbarek.
Listened to Pan Americana - Rainer Bloss.
Listened to Energie - Jean-Philippe Goude.
Listened to Grand Drum - Smash Band.
Listened to Law Of Life - Farah.
- a very late try at guerrilla marketing from Blockbusters?
- could jump off a cliff with that. Some might say that its designer should.
- Almost fell asleep during that first half. RUS 0 - KOR 0. #FIFA2014
- BRA 0 - MEX 0. Good game, great Mexican goalie.
- Great ice hockey glove save by Mexican goalie, not that ice hockey is played much there. Great 0-0 game this. MEX 0 - BRA 0. #bbcworldcup
- BEL 2 - ALG 1. Algeria did not show much enterprise. Well deserved win in the end, but not that impressed with Belgium. #FIFA2014
- Stray Cats - Storm The Iranian Embassy Live 1981: http://t.co/qQLbcGK4Dg For William Hague. Yesterday’s enemy is today’s friend.
- and at price I could afford (tangent to CV Dazzle - Jane&Louise Wilson is way out of my reach (http://t.co/t4UV3ZTt8S £2500/print)
- I must have imagined this, but ages ago I came across a site that were selling CV Dazzle numbered edition prints?
- Boy, 15, dies after ‘drinking beer laced with ketamine at illegal Croydon rave’ | Croydon Advertiser http://t.co/82t3sMDlwA via
- Drones: An Interview with Ingrid Burrington http://t.co/o1tIhue4XZ (art21 mag)
- Always exciting to watch the USA play association football. Great end. USA 2 - GHA 1 full time.
Listened to Construção - Chico Buarque.
Listened to Águas de março - Antônio Carlos Jobim.
Listened to Mas Que Nada - Jorge Ben.
Listened to Carinhoso - Pixinguinha.
Listened to Intro (It’s Album time) - Todd Terje.
Listened to Leisure Suit Preben - Todd Terje.
Listened to Preben Goes To Acapulco - Todd Terje.
Listened to Svensk Sås - Todd Terje.
Listened to Strandbar - Todd Terje.
Listened to Delorean Dynamite - Todd Terje.
Listened to Johnny and Mary (feat. Bryan Ferry) - Todd Terje.
Listened to Alfonso Muskedunder - Todd Terje.
Listened to Swing Star, Pt. 1 - Todd Terje.
Listened to Swing Star (Part 2) - Todd Terje.
Listened to Inspector Norse - Todd Terje.
Listened to Delorean Dynamite - Disco Mix - Todd Terje.
Listened to Delorean Drums - Todd Terje.
Listened to Oh Joy - Disco Mix - Todd Terje.
Listened to Oh Joy-Lude - Todd Terje.
Listened to Spiral - Todd Terje.
Listened to Q - Todd Terje.
And I drew the first one purely for my own information. I wanted to know how big they were, and as soon as I saw the effect they had on other people, I thought it might be worth reproducing for other people. But initially, it was for my own benefit, just to get a sense of the damn thing.
- Great goal Ghana. One all, all set up for an exciting last 7-8 minutes.
GHA 1 - USA 1.
- On evidence of the first fifteen minutes of this game I think Germany will struggle more against Ghana and USA than they did vs Portugal.
- 1’ #GHA 0-1 #USA Dempsey gives the USA an early lead thanks to some nifty footwork an d a tidy finish http://t.co/DtA66G6uw7
- It already is. What a start for the USA. 1-0.
- Fotball VM Brasil 2014: Tippeligaspillere i Brasil VM http://t.co/SBBpswXHeF The 6 players in #fifa2014 who plays their football in Norway
- This has the potential to be a more muscular and exciting game. Ghana vs USA. A Norwegian-based player in each of the squads. #fifa2014
- Must admit I only watched the second half of IRN vs NGR 0-0 draw. Does not look like I missed much, Nigeria were poor. #fifa2014
- ITV spending far too much time on discussing that red card. They are at it again. Move on pls.
- Germans phoning in that second half. GER 4 - POR 0.
- As a one time connoisseur of the dark arts of madness, in my expert opinion, that from Pepe, was supreme, world class madn…
- GER 3 - POR 0 after 45 min. Game over already. Think GHA and USA will be tougher for the Germans to beat. #FIFA2014
- Now we’ve asked Tony Blair what to do with the Middle-East, let’s ask Gary Glitter what we should have done about Jimmy Sa…
- might have been what the kids were playing last night down the rave near East Croydon station. http://t.co/V5miYVsn1e
- a fourth advert: bearded ref sprays pitch w foam, puts whistle back in the can holder by mistake, sprays foam on chin.
- Yellow day-glo football boots against the green grass on a summer afternoon; fireflies.
There’s a potential haiku in there, work on it later
- Cows probably sick of the sound of their bells? So cobwells to cowbells.
- IVC 2 - JPN 1. Two goals in 1m38s for IVC. Japanese team less exciting than in previous world cups. #FIFA2014
- Just so-so first half. ARG 1 - BOS 0. #FIFA2014
- #ARG 1-0 #BIH http://t.co/gBvvKl1fv4 Mascherano 100% passing and 2 chances created; Messi not finding a way through http:/…
- More tv news about Croydon’s illegal rave from ITV News reporter http://t.co/9dqvqzj2Iw
- BBC London news report about the illegal rave in Croydon by http://t.co/s5XznV5sPB
- yup. would have thought so, good policing to let it all just fizzle out. the building is being refurbished anyhow.
- To be fair that sounds like any old night in a borough of 365K people. Good on you kids. As long as of course as there was no smoking within
- Colossal rave in East Croydon attracts 1,000 resulting in clash with police, 9 arrests and 4 hospital admittances http://t.co/oRYO47n8M8
- Illegal rave in former Royal Mail delivery depot in East Croydon http://t.co/A4G10K2qgt via So that was where the noise came from.
- Goal-line technology or instant replay (video evidence)? http://t.co/tplXaxGfFb Instant replay and cameras. Just like in ice hockey. Better.
- Just had to draw a rough sketch to satisfy myself that that was a goal. http://t.co/4SdRSM8eI6
- just waiting for that next red card to an Honduras-player. The not-so-noble art of self-destruction. #bbcworldcup #FIFA2014
- Pogba lucky to be on the pitch for so long, sensible to take him off.
- That’s what you call an interesting decision. FRA 2-HON 0. Why not just hang couple 4K cameras on a thin wire high over the goal? #WorldCup
- Well deserved sending off after second yellow for stupid Pallacio, well deserved goal. Can see a second red for Honduras. FRA 1 - HON 0.
- I like the look of this French team, great energy. Their hairdresser seems to have been busy as well. #bbcworldcup
- here’s some more: “a splendid shave from the keeper”, after a dirty game: the whole pitch covered in shaving foam.
- Footballers have now taken to wearing one pink and one baby-blue boot; this to be able to know left from right. Astonishing. #bbcworldcup
- For now it’s FRA vs HON.
- Anti-drone clothing that prevents thermal imaging http://t.co/L55PWuPLAd
- Swiss timing that. Switzerland scoring with just a minute left of the four added. Credit to the ref for playing the advantage. SWI 2 - ECU 1
- No more 1000cc Honda from JPN, more like a moped 125cc now. #FIFA2014
- Drogba not directly involved in the two goals for Ivory Coast, but clearly the talisman as suddenly IVC look zippy. IVC 2 - JPN 1. Game on
- First great SHOCK of the #FIFA2014. Yoshida, the number 22 of Japan is wearing black (#000000) football boots! (Looks to be Mizuno?)
- 1000cc goal from Honda. IVC 0 - JPN 0
- Who will be the first player to show up in transparent plastic football boots? Refs seems to be only ones on pitch in classic black boots.
- exactly what I thought. Who’s first with a shaving foam TV-advert based on that can the refs carry?
- Glass of cider, then Ivory Coast vs Japan. Could be a late night thriller.
- Cabaret Voltaire - Crackdown: http://t.co/DhyDIVT9tT via .
- ENG 1 - ITA 2. Quality response from ENG after being 1-0 down. Think the BBC commentators were putting a too positive spin on ENG after game
- via The Times paper - http://t.co/ztffniT8hl Jamaica legalises its favourite herb (The Times, subscription).
- Bill approved to relax ganja possession penalties - News - http://t.co/5nRn9DjA3k http://t.co/ejgx8dq4K8 via
- So thats URU 1 - CRC 3. Now for a quick round of the newspapers before sitting down for ITA - ENG.
- Good second half that. Costa Rica fielding 2 Norwegian based players and a 3rd (Bolaños) who used to played in the Norwegian league.
- Not the most exciting first half of football that. Uruguay 1 - Costa Rica 0.
- Norwegian commentators pointing out that Costa Rica finished 7 points ahead of Mexico in the qualifiers. So no pushover. #FIFA2014
- Infinite Sunset by - A digital replacement for act of watching the sun set http://t.co/Cm69L0hg72 via Digital Art 3
- LA Kings take it. Gotta feel sorry for NY Rangers losing three games in overtime. #stanleycup
- Shaving not a big thing in the NHL.
- Late night. Watching Rangers vs Kings in the Stanley Cup. Norwegian interest for the first time ever (Zuccarello).
- That -4 in the goal protocol could be the death of Spain if they get a draw in their last two group games. #FIFA2014 #bbcworldcup #WorldCup
- : Spanish Armada crushed by the Flying Dutchmen. #FIFA2014 #WorldCup2014 #bbcworldcup
- Spanish Armada crushed by the Flying Dutchmen. #FIFA2014 #WorldCup2014 #bbcworldcup
- Listening to the Dutch players singing I guess Spain can be glad their national anthem is without lyrics. #FIFA2014 #bbcworldcup
- 2 bad decisions that should have been decided by video ref. Get rid of 4th, 5th, 6th officials&get someone who can watch a telly! #FIFA2014
- It’s a tight call for Brazil’s man of the match between Neymar and the Referee.
- How corrupt is this game? Is the ref from another planet? Never a penalty. 2014 and we still do not have video refs in football. #FIFA2014
- Pathetic from ITV. http://t.co/K2BWcHED9J
- struggling are we?
- Blatter hanging in there like an ageing dictator. Classy.
- Denial of service attack on Feedly http://t.co/6dZPNrRIJA via (dang)
- Blatter’s silly “racism” claim towards Sunday Times is code to corrupt FIFA-delegates for “with Sepp in charge the gravy train will be safe”
- Warm Architects adds cast concrete staircase to Garcia’s House in Cancún http://t.co/VPfXPO3x7B via More concrete.
- Tired of London, Tired of Life: Drink cider at Chimes of Pimlico http://t.co/QqBjnUe2Ga
- BBC News: Smart TVs subverted by radio attack http://t.co/43gidbbIdS “You just need a roof and an antenna”. Radio signals killed the TV star
- Learn to play the piano with Chilly Gonzales - video premiere http://t.co/6s0SWzMeD9 via
- Mad Men S07E01-E07. Five episodes last night, two more tonight. Clean slate (well TV) for the World Cup 2014.
Listened to Spinning Planet - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Thousand Fountain Island - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Piano - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Pink Buddha Blues - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Kid With Cowboy Tie - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Her Presence in Flowers - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Big Noise in Twangtown - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Tiny Little Thing - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Wild Blue Sky Cycle - Bill Nelson.
Listened to Every Moment Infinite - Bill Nelson.
Listened to V-2 Schneider - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Abdulmajid - 2001 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to All Saints - 2001 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Art Decade - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Crystal Japan - 2001 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Sense Of Doubt - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Moss Garden - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Neukoln - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to The Mysteries - 2001 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Subterraneans - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
Listened to Warszawa - 1999 Digital Remaster - David Bowie.
- Black Lips at Bethnal Green’s Working Men Club,
- Pre-gig pints before heading off to see the Black Lips.
- well finally there’s one Annette Peacock album available in Spotify. Last time I chec… http://t.co/QgFbtWhMrV
- Felt so right even if it was jazz, not punk. The stare on the LP cover + the attitude of that song = sister to Patti Smith’s Piss Factory
- Annette Peacock - My Momma Never Taught Me how to Cook: http://t.co/sjhgaG4dPF () First AP track I heard back in late 70s.
- Inline photo: i’m the one, X-dreams, Sky-skating, I have no feelings, 31:31 (signed, 1000 copies made) http://t.co/xECLcB7KT5
- Old pic of my five AnnettePeacock albums http://t.co/fTCO2kha11 . Five more than most people I guess.
- She’s The One: Annette Peacock Interviewed: http://t.co/3UJ6FvnnZt