2013-12-27 – 23:57
- Lomographic moon. http://t.co/yfTtnDTVX3
- worth sticking with it, although the end was a bit limp. It’s a mood thing, just fancied something heavier than Die Hard again.
- No trains until 4am. Travelling home south of on the night buses. Like clockwork so far, although first bus had a faulty door.
2013-12-26 – 23:56
- Man meets pretty girl while trying to escape his past vs boy meets girl and decides to what do (or at least try) with his future. Both fail.
- Blue Valentine (2010)
#IMDb Melodrama than saved by its acting. Gosling in particular. 4* http://t.co/UjlPjbH3Ch
- The Passenger (1975)
#IMDb Nicholson and Maria Schneider excellent in Antonioni directed movie. 4*. http://t.co/ca0gWvSwHn
2013-12-25 – 00:04
- Worst I can remember since moving to London in 97. Welcome to Bergen, London (Bergen is the wettest city in Europe).
- Glad I made it home tonight. Had the road pretty much to myself walking home, not counting dozen of broken brollies and random recycling.
2013-12-23 – 23:57
- This while shagging 10000 women. Barbara Cartland “beats him comfortably … more than 700” titles. No mention of Barbara’s shagging record
- Georges Simenon wrote “staggering 393 books during his 53-year career” [Sunday Times] (75 Maigret novels, now to be republished by Penguin).
2013-12-21 – 00:00
- Hvorfor bruke mindful når vi har et godt, om ikke bedre, norsk ord som “åndsnærvær”?
2013-12-20 – 23:01
Listened to Children Go Where I Send Thee - Nick Lowe.
Listened to Christmas Can’t Be Far Away - Nick Lowe.
Listened to Christmas At The Airport - Nick Lowe.
Listened to Old Toy Trains - Nick Lowe.
Listened to The North Pole Express - Nick Lowe.
Listened to Hooves On The Roof - Nick Lowe.
Listened to I Was Born In Bethlehem - Nick Lowe.
Listened to I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Nick Lowe.
2013-12-15 – 23:55
2013-12-12 – 23:55
- OFSTED-head claims that kids aged 7 must sit formal exams to stop Britain losing “education race”. Finland STARTS school at 7. Do the maths
2013-12-09 – 00:00
- “There’s no fear of ridicule in my films”. Leos Carax (in interview on the extras of “Holy Motors”). Good man.
- Followed by The Saga of John Fahey on BBC4. http://t.co/Ba9RFoBeKH
- Blues America pt 2. Twerking looks to be at least 50 years old, so why be upset about Minnie Mouse’s kid? http://t.co/Y0SaD2wX36
2013-12-05 – 23:58
2013-12-04 – 23:09
2013-12-02 – 23:59
- Sunday Times reports that Norway’s slow-TV (live knitting, trains, coastal express, log burning) might cross Atlantic. Route 66 live planned
- What struck me with Blues America is how futile it might be to look for ‘authenticity’ in music and how early blues often was about hits.
- Good timing, since I’ve watched BBC Four’s Blues America: Woke up this Morning http://t.co/xad8f8k2ha over the weekend.
- First time I’ve across blues lady Sugar Pie Desanto, but I’ve met Hell blues festival supremo Kjell Inge Brovoll (we’re from the same island
- Welcome to Hell http://t.co/vuEvRTJbh1 good timing by Vice, blues lady Sugar Pie Desanto visiting the town Hell, Norway.
- The Real Walter White (‘one of Alabama’s most successful meth cooks’) http://t.co/S7eThvPysK via
2013-12-02 – 23:00
Listened to Soulful Dress - Sugar Pie DeSanto.
Listened to I Don’t Wanna Fuss - Sugar Pie DeSanto.
Listened to A Little Taste Of Soul - Nat Hendrix Band.
2013-12-02 – 00:00
- Japanese citizens demonstrating against state secrets bill are committing “acts of terrorism” - Abe gov’t official: http://t.…
- Hitler-snub a “fable” according to Times, “the man … was Cornelius Johnson, the black American winner of the high jump, the previous day”
- One of Jesse Owens’s gold medals from Berlin 36 will be sold at auction according to The Times and
- someone going “but you are Norwegian” yet?
- “Fast & Furious” actor Paul Walker, 40, is dead, according to his social media accounts. http://t.co/sCmc2kT3Jc
- Santa Muerta estimated to have ten million followers. No mention of Heisenberg.
- “We believe that behind all these big and structural evils there is a dark agent and his name is The Demon”. Father Triana explains drug war
- you always loathed. And so it is that, like a total wanker, I have fallen in love with cocktails”. Sophie Heawood in The Guardian.
- “life’s neat trajectory inevitably turns you into a perfect combination of the person you always wanted to be and the person you always
- Free simple art idea: a pinball machine with a glass window back panel. Luck & religion at play. http://t.co/uNw5HxBP9k
- “a year-long diplomatic freeze and pressing need to boost British exports has prompted a rethink”. New Norwegian gov trying same tactics.
- PM Cameron cosying up to China according to The Thunderer. “Turning the page” on China-UK relationship, turning the back to the Dalai Lama
- The Times mag’s feature on “How to be a man” might as well have been called “How to be bland (unless you are Paul Smith)”. Disappointing.