George Cowling, who died on Christmas Eve aged 89, secured his place in history on January 11 1954, when he ventured before the BBC cameras to become the nation’s first on-screen weatherman.
George Cowling BBC’s TV first weatherman dies at 89 - Telegraph
- Skimming on http://www.dissensus.com/. #
- Bliss, one of my few classical LPs has this on. http://open.spotify.com/track/0Jo7db0ajM3LoePIeIK1c9 Spotify: Debussy/Satie: Gymnopedie No.1 #
- http://open.spotify.com/track/63i7RTboQTEqItB6bDevp2 Spotify: Sam The Sham&The Pharaohs – Wooly Bully
I loved this when I was kid, still do. #
- http://open.spotify.com/track/40piwJqdvTBJOqVa3OU3Ap Spotify: The Legendary Stardust Cowboy – "I Hate CDs".
Me too, plastic waste of space. #
- http://open.spotify.com/track/64B3w8QMMRGLLe3PRV4ZTS Spotify: Gino Washington – Gino Is A Coward #
- The "Volume Mixer" in Windows 7 is a good thing. Playing online poker (low volume) while listening to music on Spotify (high) on headphones. #
- http://open.spotify.com/track/67ddLrSfzlBbg0CEOcxrqn Spotify: Neko Case – This Tornado Loves You #
- Indulgence. LBV Port and Chocolate cake. #
- "What U Workin' Wit?" No sort-by-reverse-date in Twitter?
January 11th 2009 for my first tweet.
Chicago Juke music, loads on YouTube. #
Tags: twitter tweets
Digitalarkivet Digital Archives is the Norwegian National Archives channel for publication of digitised archive material in the form of images, transcribed texts and databases.
Digitalarkivet - makes it easier (not easy) to find your Norwegian ancestors
I’ll throw mine out now (or sell it on Amazon for 50p). I read the first two pages when I bought it years ago and thought “what nonsense”.
The treatment of the passive is not an isolated slip. It is typical of Elements. The book’s toxic mix of purism, atavism, and personal eccentricity is not underpinned by a proper grounding in English grammar.
50 Years of Stupid Grammar Advice - The Chronicle Review - The Chronicle of Higher Education